Thursday, January 19, 2012

Round 1 of Greendale's Next Popular Study Group Member Today

Popular Group Members at the "Next" Competition in 2009
Greendale's Popular Study Group is holding tryouts for a member and the competition begins today. At 1:30 PM today, after the lunch rush, the cafeteria will be transformed into competition central.

Any interested applicant is encouraged to try out. This year's competition is about more than popularity, though. "This year we're really looking for a well rounded individual. Yeah, they have to be extremely cool, but they also have to be really smart," said popular group member Starburns. "We are a study group, after all, and the winner is going to have to able to do studying well. Also, being attractive is pretty important. Make sure you print my name as Alex Osbourne if you print this."

Popular Group Member Buddy claims victory in 2009

"I'm really looking forward to seeing the female applicants this year," said Buddy. "Right now there's only one female in the group and I feel like there is an imbalance.

When polled, the student body believed that Magnitude was the clear front-runner. "Pop Pop," said Magnitude when asked to comment. "Really though, I'm excited for people to see that's there more to me than just a magnetic attitude and a catch phrase. For example, did you know I'm originally from the U.K.?"

Dark Horse contestant, Vicki had already started making her case in the court of popular opinion. "I've been a paid bar dancer, I ran for student body president, why will no one notice me? Do I really need a catchphrase for people to take me seriously?"

After the conclusion of Round 1 today, Greendale Weekly will print profiles of the remaining contestants in anticipation of Round 2 next week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment